Get your authentication keys
repo.magento.com repository is where Magento 2 and third-party Composer packages are stored and requires authentication. Use your Magento Marketplace account to generate a pair of 32-character authentication keys to access the repository.
To create authentication keys:
- Log in to the Magento Marketplace. If you don’t have an account, click Register.
Click your account name in the top-right of the page and select My Profile.
Click Access Keys in the Marketplace tab.
Click Create a New Access Key. Enter a specific name for the keys (e.g., the name of the developer receiving the keys) and click OK.
- New public and private keys are now associated with your account that you can click to copy. Save this information or keep the page open when working with your Magento project. Use the Public key as your username and the Private key as your password.
Manage your authentication keys
You can also disable or delete authentication keys. For example, you can disable or delete keys for security reasons after someone leaves your organization.
- To disable keys: Click Disable. You can do this if you want to suspend use of your keys.
- To enable a previously disabled key: Click Enable.
- To delete keys: Click Delete.
Manage SSH access token
To download Magento releases using SSH, you must generate a Downloads Access Token. To generate a token:
- Log in to your magento.com account.
- Click My Account at the top of the page.
Click Account Settings > Downloads Access Token.
- Click Generate new token to replace and disable an existing token.
You must use your MAGEID plus your token to download a release. Your MAGEID is displayed at the top-left of your account page.
1 curl -k https://MAGEID:TOKEN@www.magentocommerce.com/products/downloads/info/help
Use your authentication keys to: